- Shoulder pain
- Elbow and wrist pain
- Hip, knee and ankle pain
- Pelvic pain
- Stiff muscles and joints
- Grinding and clenching of the teeth
- And more
How Do Chiropractors Treat Conditions
The question presents itself, what do chiropractors in Issaquah WA actually do to treat those conditions? We help improve patient’s musculoskeletal mechanics. That treatment can effectively alleviate discomforts listed above. Treatments and techniques vary by patient and condition. However, treatment commonly includes:
- Chiropractic adjustments: Applying a sudden controlled force to correct alignment and increase the range of motion of the spine or joint.
- Myofascial release: Stretching and massaging connective tissue, post isometric relaxation, stretches to relax and lengthen muscles
- Cranium manipulation: Using hand pressure to gently realign the bones of the skull.
- Chiropractors will also counsel patients on nutrition, diet, and exercise when appropriate.
If someone comes to a chiropractor with lower back pain, the chiropractor will first determine if the pain is caused by muscle strain, sciatica, a herniated disc or something else. All of these conditions can be treated through chiropractic care, but identifying the condition can help to determine the necessary treatment plan. Whether a spinal adjustment, myofascial release or another technique.
A Treatment That Works
Chiropractors often can bring relief to patients who haven’t had treatment success elsewhere. It only takes the weight of a dime to irritate a nerve. There could be a small misalignment of the vertebra bones that is gently resting on a nerve causing pain. Chiropractors will align those vertebral bones to undo this “pinch” and alleviate the pain. This relief will help the spine to naturally heal as it should.
Massage can also help relax tight muscles that pull bones and joints out of position. This is why many chiropractors have a licensed massage therapist in the office. If you’re suffering from back pain or another type of pain, especially resulting from poor posture while sitting at work, or if you are suffering from a sports injury or an auto accident injury, chiropractic treatments may help you heal. Eastside Ideal Health can work with your doctor to compliment your other treatments.